Our Daily Sings and Micro Sessions will be available on demand throughout the 2021 Summer Conference.
Sponsored by Cathedral Choral Society
Make singing part of your Conference experience with an on-demand opportunity led by a different artist -- one for each day of Conference!
Daily Sing Leaders
- Ahmed Anzaldúa
- Abbie Betinis
- Jeanie Brindley-Barnett
Our 30-minute Micro Sessions offer a bite-sized amount of information about a focused topic.
Choral Collaborations with the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community
- The singing ensemble Tonality has embarked on a growing collaboration with Deaf performers that will launch in the ensemble's final virtual concert of the season on June 25. Artistic director Alexander Lloyd Blake and collaborators Michael Agyin and Kristina Monson will discuss how this project developed, the ways Tonality engaged with the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (DHH) community to be good collaborators, and ongoing work to include the DHH community in upcoming events. This conversation will be interpreted by ProBonoASL, a group of Deaf and Hearing BIPOC interpreters in Southern California for the #BlackLivesMatter revolution.
- Speakers: Michael Agyin, Alexander Lloyd Blake, Kristina Monson
Getting "In Sync" with Sync Licensing
- Copyright and permissions have never been more relevant than they are right now, especially learning how to navigate the synchronization licenses necessary for online performances. This session will provide an overview of the basics, and highlight step by step instructions for securing sync licenses.
- Speaker: Janice Bane
Major Gift Asks in the Zoom Era
- This session explores practical tools for building a major gifts initiative that is relationship-focused but not proximity-hindered. Focusing on the 5-step Giving Cycle (Identify, Cultivate, Solicit, Acknowledge, Steward), you and your team - - plus good opportunities to integrate your Board leadership - - can successfully solicit and secure major gifts whether in-person or virtually.
- Speaker: Michael Pettry, John Mainella
Insurance and Reopening: Are You Prepared?
- As choruses work towards reopening, there are many insurance-related questions to consider. How much coverage should your organization have and what should you expect it to cover? How do you determine if your current policies will respond to your new needs? Join Bob Middleton, Director of the Arts Insurance Program, as he explores how COVID-19 should play into your insurance planning.
- Speaker: Bob Middleton