ADEI Learning Lab
Registration for the Fall 2022 Cohort is now closed.
Interested in participating in the next cohort?
If you are interested in signing up the next time the ADEI Learning Lab is offered, please fill out this interest form and we'll send you an update when we are preparing to launch the program again.
The ADEI Learning Lab is a four-week experiential online learning program teaching foundational knowledge in access, diversity, equity, and inclusion (ADEI), providing a space to discuss and confront issues of race, racism, Whiteness, and White supremacy culture in choral music. The Learning Lab is specifically designed for White-identifying choral leaders seeking to address structural racism in their organizations and become better allies and accomplices to their BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) colleagues. In this small cohort-style program, you'll engage with the material in small groups during interactive live sessions with faculty and fellow participants, as well as through assignments and readings between sessions.
In the ADEI Learning Lab, participants will:
- Address fundamental concepts of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion (ADEI)
- Engage in conversations about race, racism, Whiteness, and White supremacy culture
- Learn about their own identities and the ways these identities position them within society and within the choral field
- Learn how concepts of ADEI can be used to create change within their organizations
- Connect with other Chorus America members interested in continuing ADEI work and build a resource network