Assistant Professor, Tenure Track, Associate Director of Choral Activities
- Conduct the Baylor Concert Choir and an additional ensemble based on expertise.
- Teach conducting and choral-related courses as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a regional/national profile as a conductor.
- Shared leadership of choral activities, including A Baylor Christmas, All-State Choir Camp, auditions, and other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with fellow faculty.
- Participate actively in the cultural and intellectual life of the School of Music and University.
- Actively recruit and mentor students.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with schools, churches, and universities.
- Doctorate or ABD in music preferred; Master of Music or equivalent professional experience required.
- Demonstrated success as a choral conductor and teacher.
- Experience teaching students of diverse backgrounds is preferred; Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in teaching/learning and in professional activities is required.
Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualification.
Review of applications will begin on October 2, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Philosophy of teaching (1 page)
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Written responses to the questions found at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ct2a3iPVV56AwkKtfhvUpAGn8GjaEaTl-LKi...
- Unedited video recordings of choral conducting (20 minutes of performances including contrasting styles; and 15-20 minutes of rehearsal including vocalizing and repertoire rehearsal)
Please direct inquiries to:
Dr. Kristina MacMullen
Chair of the Search Committee