Executive Assistant to the President
Executive Assistant to the President
Job description Summary
Classical Movements is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to the President.
The job responsibilities will be the Executive Assistant to the President as well as creating customized tour proposals and contracts for current and new clients.
Classical Movements is the premier concert tour company for the world’s great orchestras and choirs, creating meaningful cultural experiences through concert tours in 147 countries. An industry leader since 1992, we understand both the travel and the performance needs of professional symphony orchestras and choruses, as well as conservatory, university and youth ensembles. Our Prague Summer Nights: Young Artists Music Festival offers aspiring operatic and orchestral professionals the opportunity to perform in some of Europe’s most historic venues, including fully-staged opera productions, symphonic performances, chamber music concerts, an opera scenes program and even a cabaret concert. In addition, we have commissioned over 100 works from Grammy, Oscar, Pulitzer and MacArthur-winning composers.
- Assist the President with artistic planning, researching composers and new music commissions, dealing with top clients, and potential for some travel.
- Assist the President with researching and creating individualized tour proposals for destinations around the world for high level ensembles, customized for their unique needs, including crafting preliminary itineraries and budgets.
- Manage the schedule of the President. Schedule internal and external meetings while proactively balancing time zones. Monitors calls and take minutes.
- Coordinate calendar to ensure effective and timely management of schedule requiring creativity, latitude and coordination.
- Book travel, including lodging, flights, transportation and any passport/visa requirements needed for domestic and international travel.
- Monitor and troubleshoots issues related to travel such as canceled flights, hotel room extensions, and other travel-related concerns.
- Prepare and submits expense reports related to travel and other day-to-day activities in a timely manner.
- Draft communication items, including emails and agendas.
- Prepare reports, collects and analyzes information; prepares presentations.
- Performs routine administrative duties for the office.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required.
We are global organizations that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a development and an administrative position
- Must be well organized and experienced in use of all office systems and software, with a preference for skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Aptitude for conducting research, gathering data, analyzing information, and preparing reports and other materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multiethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Ability to solve complex issues in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and dedication to task.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion and knowledge of the classical music and travel.
- Qualified candidates must reside in the Alexandria, VA area and have the proper work authorization to work in the United States.
- Opportunity for some travel if interested.
- There may be some evening and weekend work required for board meetings and events, and concerts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote and 2 days in our office in Alexandria, VA 22314
COVID-19 considerations: Some travel may require COVID-19 vaccination and evidence of booster dose(s).
Please send resume and cover letter to apply via email to Johan van Zyl at [email protected]