The Wheatland Chorale announces a search for its next Artistic Director. The Chorale, based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania is a regionally renowned adult chorus of approximately 45 auditioned singers.
The Artistic Director is a part-time contracted position, Principal duties include:
* Provide overall artistic leadership and direction for the Chorale
* Together with the Board of Directord develop the organization's mission
* Develop and plan concert repetoire, encompassing two concert seasons each year
* Lead weekly rehearsals
* Select professional musicians as needed for concert repetoire
* Solicit run-out concerts as agreed by the Chorale's Board of Directors
* Supervise recording activities and production of concert CDs
* Audition singers on an annual basis
In addition to the duties described above, the Artistic Director reports to the Board of Directors on a regular basis regarding the status of artistic programs and projects. The Artistic Director (AD) is also expected to attend board meetings and to participate in fundraising activities as agreed with the Board of Directors. The AD serves as the official spokesperson for the Chorale and represents the organization in all media appearances. The AD collaborates in the preparation of any grant applications.
The position is open as early as June 1, 2023 and remain open until filled. For full consideration, applicants should submit all materials by May 1, 2023.
Salary to be discussed with candidate and Board of Directors
Applications must include a letter of interest, an updated CV, and a list of 3 professional references. The search committee may request a video sample from applicants. All materials should be submitted electronically to [email protected]. Questions may be directed to this email address. For more information about The Wheatland Chorale, please visit wheatlandchorale.org