The Los Angeles Master Chorale seeks a full-time marketing manager who will assist in developing and executing campaigns designed to generate both single ticket and subscription sales. The successful candidate will coordinate direct mail, email, and advertising campaigns, and will oversee social-media activity. The marketing manager will track and monitor expenses and will assist in tracking effectiveness of marketing actions. This is a full-time position which requires both on-site and off-site duties, as well as some evening and weekend hours.
· Assists chief marketing officer with development of single ticket advertising plan, monitoring sales patterns, and ensuring revenue goals are met or exceeded.
· Assists chief marketing officer in negotiating all media buys for print, radio, television, digital, and outdoor platforms.
· Writes ad copy and coordinates production of television, radio, print, and digital ads.
· Executes direct-mail plans for subscription and single ticket campaigns, generating targeted mailing lists from database, and works with outside vendors to facilitate timely distribution of each piece.
· Works with advancement department to coordinate mailings and assists in generating lists and reports using the Chorale’s customer-relations-management system, Tessitura.
· Executes email plan using in-house system to design and schedule promotional messages as well as triggered patron communications.
· Executes social-media plan by creating content, engaging followers, overseeing paid advertising, and collecting and analyzing engagement data.
· Codes, submits, and tracks all vendor invoices, assists chief marketing officer with managing and monitoring the marketing budget, and generates regular reports on marketing activities.
· Previous marketing or communications experience, preferably in performing arts
· Ability to write persuasively for multiple audiences, across different media
· Ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and budgets
· Experience with database-management systems, preferably Tessitura
· Knowledge of the changing media landscape—particularly in the online space—and how to adapt to reach new and existing audiences.
· Appreciation for how nonprofit organizations raise revenue through earned and contributed means.
· Knowledge of and appreciation for music in general, and choral music in particular
Commensurate with experience.
paid leave, paid sick leave, retirement, health/dental/vision
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the Los Angeles Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at https://www.lamasterchorale.org/jobs-internships
COVID Workplace Safety Requirements
This Los Angeles Master Chorale requires all employees to be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. The position will require in-person interaction with employees, funders, and patrons. Employees and patrons are required to wear personal protection equipment (PPP) in accordance with current Los Angeles County Department of Public Health protocols. Candidate agrees to comply at all times with the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s COVID-19 prevention protocols.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale currently works remotely except for concerts and some in-person meetings. Candidate should live in the Los Angeles area or be willing to relocate.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Los Angeles Master Chorale complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.