Associate Director, Donor Stewardship & Events
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer (CAO)
Status: Full Time / Regular / Exempt
Salary: DOE + Benefits
Summary of Duties: The Los Angeles Master Chorale, a resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles, seeks an experienced, resourceful, and proactive Associate Director, Donor Stewardship & Events to lead and implement an institution-wide Donor Stewardship Plan with the focus of building deeper engagement and clear communication around the impact of philanthropy. A key element of the plan includes the successful creation and execution of strategic, donor-centric events, including a major fundraising gala. This is a leadership position within the Advancement department that frequently collaborates with other departments including Programming, Marketing, PR and Production.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Functions:
- Implement and evaluate Donor Stewardship Plan developed in spring 2022 to reflect a deeper focus on donor engagement and impact.
- Plan and execute Master Chorale events for cultivation and stewardship of donors as outlined in the Donor Stewardship Plan, including 12-15 donor salons, receptions, luncheons, dinners, and trips per year.
- Manage the annual Gala, activating Gala planning milestones across the full fiscal year to ensure fundraising success and growth.
- Implement creative and thoughtful event follow-up strategies to steward attendees.
- Provide leadership and direction regarding the details of donor stewardship, with an emphasis on high standards for customer relations, attention to detail, and etiquette.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and manage a coordinated donor stewardship and event communications plan across direct mail and digital platforms.
- Ensure timely and accurate acknowledgement of all donor contributions in coordination with the Annual Fund Manager and Associate Director, Institutional Giving.
- Oversee donor crediting and liaise with the Marketing Team to uphold accurate supporter recognition.
- Project-manage annual donor impact report.
- Draft personalized outreach and periodic stewardship reports on behalf of CEO, CAO, MGO and other leaders.
- Coordinate with vendors--including Levy Group, The Music Center’s exclusive catering vendor-- to ensure proper execution of events, including catering, rentals, décor and service; and accurate and timely remittance of purchase orders for payment of invoices.
- Maintain a master donor stewardship calendar.
- Manage Events budget.
- Be or become proficient with the Master Chorale’s patron-management system, Tessitura, including list pulling, data entry, reporting, etc.
- Attend concerts and events to provide donor and staff support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative, results-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial drive to generate new ideas and strategies to implement a donor stewardship program that will excite and engage constituents.
- Proven, experienced fundraiser and event planner.
- Ability to work effectively with board members and volunteers, providing them with strong support and inspiring them to productive action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, generate new ideas, set priorities, execute goals and objectives, and meet financial goals and deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Commitment to the Chorale’s IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) goals
- A passion for the mission and aspirations of the Los Angeles Master Chorale; the ability to eloquently articulate the organization’s mission, values, achievements, and goals to internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and excellent benefits will be provided.
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the Los Angeles Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at https://www.lamasterchorale.org/jobs-internships
COVID Workplace Safety Requirements
This Los Angeles Master Chorale requires all employees to be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. The position will require in-person interaction with employees, funders, and patrons. Employees and patrons are required to wear personal protection equipment (PPP) in accordance with current Los Angeles County Department of Public Health protocols. Candidate agrees to comply at all times with the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s COVID-19 prevention protocols.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale currently works remotely except for concerts and some in-person meetings. Candidate should live in the Los Angeles area or be willing to relocate.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Los Angeles Master Chorale complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.