The Girls Choral Academy exists to give girls and gender non-conforming youth a voice. We do this through excellent music education, providing a safe, positive, and encouraging environment, and numerous opportunities for girls to collectively build self-confidence, self-esteem, and leadership.
The Girls Choral Academy is looking for an Executive Director who is a dynamic, inclusive, and collaborative leader to oversee the programming, administration, fund development, and strategic plan of the organization.
The Executive Director provides leadership, strategy, and direction toward the achievement of the Girls Choral Academy’s mission, values, goals, and objectives by working with the Board of Directors and acting as liaison and advocate between the Board, staff employees, community partners, and volunteers. This position requires collaboration, influencing, and communications skills to achieve high performance. The Executive Director is expected to participate in and provide leadership across the organization while improving our capabilities and performance with all constituencies. Candidates should have experience and a demonstrated passion for working with diverse communities along with a personal and professional passion for making a difference in the lives of children.
Professional Experience and Educational Requirements
- Demonstrated passion for, along with breadth & depth of experience working with children.
- A Bachelor’s degree (concentration in music or education preferred).
- Minimum of five years’ experience in non-profit leadership or management experience.
- Ability to empathize with, be sensitive to, and interact positively and appropriately with constituents from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- High level of strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Proven track record of establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence, including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Active fundraising experience and understanding of the fundraising community. Experience with diversifying funding sources and successfully generating new revenue streams.
- A high degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Proven ability to drive culture and influence change – inspiring, professional, and credible.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including public speaking. Highly organized, with the ability to effectively plan and delegate as needed.
For a complete position profile please contact:
Talent Acquisition Consultant – HR Collaborative
Girls Choral Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, height, weight, or age.
Compensation $71,000 - $73,000
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply on or before Monday, May 2nd 2022 at: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/hrcollaborative/job/ap8aebw1ff3f85xhieec...