The Music Director provides musical leadership, creative vision, and artistic
direction to the Greenwich Choral Society. Working closely with a volunteer Board
of Directors, the Music Director ensures that the chorus fulfills its mission and
achieves its goals for artistic excellence with a diverse and challenging performance
repertoire, quality educational programs and strong community outreach.
The Music Director:
• selects appropriate repertoire and develops creative programs;
• conducts all rehearsals and performances;
• attracts and retains chorus members;
• builds audiences through programming varied choral repertoire;
• plans and develops a budget;
• works with the Board of Directors to:
o maintain the financial health of the GCS;
o expand audience and community participation; and
o promote and build financial support for GCS.
• values a strong community spirit within the organization and with the
community at large; and
• sustains and enhances the excellent reputation of GCS.
The position is a part-time position. The salary range is $35,000 - $40,000, based upon experience.
Nominations and expressions of interest from qualified candidates are
Candidates should submit the following:
• Cover letter (one page) describing interest, experience and qualifications;
• Resume (not to exceed three pages);
• Three professional references with contact information; and
• Two video recordings with two sample programs.
Note: video recordings are strongly preferred; however, an audio recording
will be considered, if necessary. Recordings may be submitted as links to
downloadable and streamable files. Links should be freely accessible and
remain open for the duration of the application process. Links to posted videos
(e.g., YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) are also acceptable.
Only applications submitted via email in Word or PDF by June 1, 2022, will be
accepted. Please limit the initial application material to no more than seven pages in
total. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
All applications will be treated as confidential. References will not be contacted until
finalists have been notified.
The Search Committee will review credentials on a rolling basis as completed
applications are received and plans to identify the new Music Director in March of
Please e-mail application materials to Greenwich Choral Society Music Director
Search at [email protected]
If questions, please call the Greenwich Choral Society office at (203) 622-5136.