Cantate—comprising the Cantate Chamber Singers and the Cantate Concert Choir—is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and proactive Executive Director. Cantate is in an exciting phase of its growth as it expands community outreach, builds out its new program for artists of color, and re-enters the world of live performance. Under the leadership of Maestra Victoria Gau, Cantate delivers innovative, compelling, and socially relevant programming.
The Executive Director will work closely with Maestra Gau and the Chair of the Executive Board to help advance Cantate’s mission. Key focus areas include:
- Marketing and communications to promote Cantate’s brand and performances. This will include maintaining the website and social media platforms and reaching out to donors and supporters of the group.
- Administrative functions to include managing document storage, email communications, and ticket sales.
- Developing the annual budget in close coordination with the Treasurer and Maestra Gau.
- Attending monthly Executive Board meetings and preparing updates for those meetings. Desired qualifications:
- Five years’ experience with non-profit organizations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and document management and the demonstrated ability to quickly learn software such as e-Tapestry and ThunderTix.
- Creativity to help Cantate move forward to better serve its singers and audiences.
- A proactive and resourceful mindset.
Estimated level of effort is an average of 12-15 hours per week (will vary based on requirements).
Position is open until filled.
Salary is $15,000 per year.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Margaret Stromecki, Chair of the Executive Board, at [email protected]g.