Director of Marketing
Job Description, Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Marketing (DM) reports to the board of directors through the President and is responsible for the creation and development of the Chorale’s marketing plan and associated budget. The DM works with and reports to the Artistic Director in all matters relating to projects that represent the Chorale to the public, including all written materials. The DM works collaboratively with the Administrator, the chair and members of the marketing committee, and volunteers as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to creatively market the Chorale, its affiliated groups, and their programs and events, in consultation with the Artistic Director and the Marketing Chair.
- Execute a comprehensive marketing plan with a recommended budget for each season and for each concert, in consultation with the Artistic Director and the Marketing Chair.
- Create all marketing and advertising copy, and oversee the creation of all digital and print materials, with the assistance of the Administrator and in consultation with the Artistic Director and Marketing Chair. This includes press releases, advertising, calendar listings, brochures and postcards, public service announcements, website, social media, and radio and television advertising.
- Attend all concerts.
- Attend all board and marketing committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the board.
- Issue press releases and eBlasts on concerts, auditions and other SC events as appropriate (see schedule)
- Prepare and issue additional Press Releases and eBlasts as appropriate
- Track eBlast results and maintain report
- Monitor projects on Messiah Press schedule – mailings, print jobs, etc.
- Update Media List as appropriate
- Design and maintain the SC website
- Hold Marketing Committee meetings as necessary
- Maintain and submit Marketing reports for board meetings, annual meeting
This is a part-time position: 20hs/week at $25/hour
Two or more years of experience, writing skills, a B.S. in Marketing/Communication and a passion for music would be looked upon favorably.
Interested candidates please send resume to: [email protected]