The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to manage the operations and financial resources of the organization to achieve the Cincinnati Boychoir’s vision and mission. The Executive Director reports to the Board and is responsible for supporting the artistic vision of the Artistic Director and implementing policies set by the board.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR INCLUDE:
• Collaborate with the Artistic Director to develop the season and tour schedule, ensuring that the artistic and educational programs meet the artistic, financial and DEIA objectives of the Boychoir.
• Raise funds and continue stewardship of donations and grants from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies as well as plan/execute all fundraising events.
• Execute financial management, human resources, and day-to-day office operations including IT support, payroll, and fiscal responsibility (budget, taxes, etc.); reporting to the Board on Financial management
• Manage singer enrollment and registration process, including administration of financial assistance.
• Oversee concert activities including ticket sales; related activities to maximize concert attendance; negotiation of performance, rental, and collaboration agreements; manage licensing and program content; all front-ofhouse operations.
• Hire and manage staff and contractors • Administer the organization’s Salesforce CRM database, Google Workspace, and Quickbooks.
• Supervise marketing efforts to increase organizational visibility, singer recruitment, fundraising and development work, ticket sales and community engagement projects.
• Support the Board to carry out its governance and DEIA responsibilities, including an active role on the Executive, Finance, and Development Committees with expectation to attend all board meetings.
• Provide hands-on support at rehearsals, performances, tours, fundraising and other special events as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
As the person overseeing the business side of the Cincinnati Boychoir, the Executive Director should be:
• Attentive and highly supportive of the mission of the Boychoir, ideally through personal and/or professional experience that demonstrates an appreciation of the arts.
• Able to work collaboratively with the Artistic Director in that these two leaders serve effectively as co-authors of the future of the organization.
• Competent in key operational aspects of managing and leading a performing arts and/or non-profit organization, including grant writing.
• Successful in fundraising, especially from individuals and foundations.
• A strong financial manager, able to create an annual budget, manage revenue and expenses throughout the year and analyze the financial implications of programming and operational opportunities.
• Capable and comfortable leading an organization where paid staff, 1099 contractors, interns, board members and volunteers play an integral role; able to build and maintain good working relationships with performance and business partners
• An effective communicator, comfortable conversing with individuals, leading meetings and presenting in front of an audience; adept at writing, verbal and visual communication.
• Comfortable interacting directly with boys and their parents
• Well versed in cultural competency to work with racially and ethnically diverse families.
• Skilled with a strong aptitude for technology, including familiarity with Google Workspace, QuickBooks, and Salesforce, or interested in acquiring this expertise.
• Experienced in digital marketing.
• Ready to work effectively with the Boychoir governing Board and committees.
• Flexible in a hands-on role, with strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks give the relatively small paid staff.
• Experienced with choral or other music organizations desirable, but not essential.
The anticipated salary is in the range of $50,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. The Cincinnati Boychoir offers a benefits package that includes health insurance and paid time off.
Please send an email to [email protected] with the following:
• A cover letter that explains why you are interested and qualified,
• Your resume, and
• Three references with phone number and email address.
All applications will be acknowledged by a reply email within a few days of receipt. References won’t be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check in compliance with the Boychoir’s policies. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 1, 2021, and the position will remain open until filled.