Director of Development
- Design, manage, and execute all annual campaigns raising an aggregate of over $2M.
- Project manage Executive Director’s fundraising work, directing the use of their time where it will be most effective. Coordinate logistics with Executive Assistant.
- Oversee responsive, effective and strategic stewardship of all gifts, regardless of size.
- Set annual fundraising goals, budget, and events strategy, for the Development Department.
- Supervise the work of Development Department staff, currently Institutional Giving Manager, Development Coordinator, and ad-hoc external support. Design new roles to support the strategic and sustained growth of the organization’s Contributed Revenue.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to Executive Director and Board of Directors to demonstrate progress toward development goals and identify areas of success and/or concern. Revise strategies as needed.
- Manage the execution of Major and Annual Giving campaigns. Oversee Corporate Giving Officer’s and Institutional Giving Manager’s progress to goal.
- Manage detailed schedule of multi-channel direct response campaigns for the Annual Giving program
- Design and manage, together with the Producing Team, annual benefit events for cultivation and stewardship of BCC’s donor base.
- Attend meetings and events hosted by business/affinity groups with the goal of increasing visibility and developing relationships for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Dream big, while remaining realistic to what is attainable.
- Have meticulous attention to detail.
- Think critically, offering nuanced perspectives that advance progress to goals.
- Display a hunger for data and metrics. Understand how to act based on data: test, measure, (improve) repeat.
- Have the ability to clearly distill complex data from multiple sources into one cohesive plan.
- Have the distinct ability to translate goals and plans into discrete tasks that are simple to execute.
- Have the ability to manage up, down, and horizontally.
- Be thoughtful, caring, and invested in relationships.
SKILLS AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of 7 years of experience in fundraising, CFRE preferred.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record of success in fundraising, preferably in social justice and/or performing arts institutions.
- Demonstrated success at fundraising campaigns, particularly, capital, and anniversary-driven campaigns.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others, exercising initiative, judgement, problem-solving and confidentiality as needed.
- Comfortable with deadline management and ability to work effectively and calmly within timelines and maintain multiple critical priorities.
- Familiarity with fundraising CRM databases. BCC uses Raiser’s Edge but is considering a migration in coming years.
- Excels at working collaboratively and strategically to develop compelling proposals and funding relationships.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm, and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Supervisory experience required.
Salary range for the role of Director of Development at Boston Children’s Chorus is $95,000 to $105,000, annually. BCC offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, 403(b) employer contributions, generous PTO, short term disability, and more.
For immediate consideration submit a letter of interest outlining past success in fundraising, writing sample, resume, and three references to: Thea Brenner, Development Coordinator, [email protected], 20 Old Colony Avenue, Boston, MA 02127.