Artistic Operations and Production Manager: All Souls Church & Musica Viva NY
All Souls Church and its concert series Musica Viva NY is seeking a positive and motivated, experienced professional to help plan and produce musical performances for Sunday morning worship, periodic concerts, rehearsals and events of renters that require music. The position will report to the Artistic Director, Alejandro Hernandez-Valdez who heads both the All Souls Choir and Musica Viva NY, and to Danielle Buonaiuto, Executive Director of Musica Viva NY; and is 30-hours per week, plus benefits. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all worship service music logistics with ministers, facilities staff, including setup information, ensemble positioning, timings, lighting, microphone setup for livestream capture
- Proficiency with live and recorded AV equipment and software - YAHAMA digital audio console and Tricaster video console
- Together with AV consultant and facilities staff, maintain AV equipment (mics, speakers, digital audio console, cameras, lighting, broadcast equipment) and oversee use as needed
- Determine roster of musicians needed, obtain music and equipment, schedule auditions.
- Manage the Musica Viva NY choir comprised of paid soloists and unpaid volunteers.
- Facilitate auditions for soloists and volunteer positions
- Rent and purchase music
- Communicate weekly music plans for inclusion in church messaging and publications
- Coordinate box office and ushers for concerts
- Assist in processing fundraising donations and with donor communications
- Plan logisitics for development events
- Work with community engagement and marketing
- Assist in facilitating music for non-worship rental events, including weddings and memorial services.
- Hire substitute musicians and singers; usually one to two per week
- Prepare payroll for paid musicians
- Keep instruments in proper working order by scheduling tunings and maintenance as needed
- Coordinate scheduling and setup of rehearsals, performances, and other music department events with facilities and reception staff
- Provide Music Librarian with all attendance information to ensure accurate supply of music for all attending musicians
- Process all donations and ticket sales through Audience View Ovation Tix CRM
- Prepare and maintain annual budget of all expenses
- Maintain organized digital and physical filing system
- Minimum 2 years of experience in music production
- Excellent management skills, and a successful track record of collaborating with staff in a manner that is flexible and supportive, yet ensures accountability
Requirements and Compensation
This is a 30-hours a week position with requirements to be present at two Sunday morning worship services and events scheduled requiring music including the Musica Viva NY concert series.
Compensation: $37,000-$39,000 plus benefits depending on experience
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required and will be kept confidential. Exception will be made on a case by case basis for those unvaccinated because of religious belief or disability status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Danielle Buonaiuto, at [email protected].