Marketing and Operations Associate
The all-star professional vocal ensemble The Thirteen seeks an organized, self-starter to serve as Marketing & Operations Associate (MOA). Praised for performing with “striking color and richness” (The Washington Post) and “a tight and attractive vocal blend and excellent choral discipline” (American Record Guide), The Thirteen seeks a MOA who strives for excellence and innovation in all aspects of their work. This is a position of approximately 8-10 hours per week. The Thirteen’s five-program season generally goes from late September to June with summer months available for long-range projects. The MOA reports to The Thirteen’s General Manager. This position is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual interested in arts administration and the success of a critically acclaimed vocal ensemble.
· Serve as the primary marketing manager, leading print, email, and social media campaigns.
· Attend all performances in the Washington, DC area, and rehearsals as needed. Assist with rehearsals and performances at the direction of the General Manager. Includes activities such as set up and tear down of chairs, stands, signs, ticketing, programs, receptions, and more.
· Primary responsibility for website updates and curation.
· Primary responsibility for all mailings of concert promotions, fundraising letters, season brochures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Self-starter, goal oriented
· Attention to detail, ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
· Experience and skill with the Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, Tix, Wix, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
· Availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends. Willingness to travel occasionally.
· Music and/or arts management background
· Perform most work from home
· Residence in the Washington Metropolitan, DC area
The Thirteen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Thirteen has and abides by its Harassment Prevention Policy, which all employees and contractors are required to sign. Applicants may be asked to undergo a background check, and employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Salary. $8,250 per annum, paid monthly as a W2 employee.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to:
Valerie Simonsen, General Manager
Applications Due May 15, 2021.
August 1 is the target start date.