Now in its 33rd season, the Congressional Chorus is a 501 (c)(3) family of SATB choruses, composed of members from diverse professions, committed to engaging our audiences through innovative programming. Founded in 1987 by Senate staffers interested in sharing a common goal of making music together and promoting American music, the Chorus performs a variety of American choral music, with an emphasis on artistic collaborations and choral music by emerging composers.
The Congressional Chorus seeks a part-time Executive Director responsible for program management, development and communications, financial management, and operations. Working in collaboration with the Artistic Director and reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will further the Chorus mission of promoting and performing American music.
● Works alongside the Artistic Director to deliver a dynamic and engaging experience for Chorus members, audience members, our collaborative partners, our donors, and the public.
● Ensures smooth programming across each concert’s lifecycle (sheet music ordering & distribution; ticket sales; rehearsal space and performance venue; coordinate day-of-concert logistics and equipment).
● Actively engages volunteers across the organization to ensure work is executed effectively and on time.
Development and Communications
● Builds annual development plan to guide fundraising & donor engagement strategy.
● Writes grant proposals to support program operations and aspirations to expand our portfolio of grantors and maintain existing relationships.
● Tracks and reports grant activities to the Chorus, Board and to grantors.
● Maintains all aspects of communications, from web presence to community partnerships.
● Prepares monthly financial reports for the Board.
● Assists the Board of Directors in preparation of annual budget.
● Maintains financial reports, various licenses, subscriptions.
● Manages online payments for ticket sales and donations.
● Supports Board meetings (agenda development, minutes, preparation and distribution of board materials).
● Maintains member database and internal content (calendar, notices, files).
● Reads, responds to, and files incoming email communications.
● Experience in a leadership role within a non-profit organization.
● Experience in the non-profit field with an emphasis on day-to-day program management, financial management, development, and operations.
● Detail-oriented and highly organized approach to everything from long-term strategy to day-to-day activities that ensure organization success.
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and adaptable approach to helping an organization move forward.
● Strong communications and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
● Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills for persuasive and passionate communication.
● Excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Salary range for this part-time position: $1,600 - $2,000/month.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications, subject to budget limitations. The position does not offer benefits.
- Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Applications must be submitted by May 14, 2021